PILCOP Seeks Volunteers
The Public Interest Law Center of Philadelphia seeks volunteers for Policy Circles now convening around two of its six project areas: access to medical and dental care for low-income Pennsylvanians and voting rights. The Policy Circles will help PILCOP implement our strategic plan by developing goals and strategies for our future work in these areas.
Specifically, each Policy Circle will be responsible for delivering a plan that:
- Identifies the most pressing policy and legal needs in that particular issue area
- Identifies other organizations in the area working on the issues
- Makes recommendations about the legal needs that should be addressed by the Law Center, which are not already well covered by other organizations, and which lend themselves to collaboration
- Prepares a mission statement for the project
- Details the staffing needed to do the recommended work
- Identifies potential funding for the proposed work
PILCOP will develop the initial reading list; develop a list of individuals and organizations for
interview and locate research support.
Volunteers will attend approximately 10 regular meetings, conduct and report on research and
interviews and prepare written recommendations. PILCOP estimates this will take approximately 60
hours over the course of a year.
You can make a difference and learn about these important and cutting edge issues. To apply, send a letter of interest and resume by February 29, 2012 to Jennifer Clarke, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Some experience in the subject areas is useful, but not required.