1101 Market Street, 11th Floor Philadelphia, PA 19107
Phone: 215-238-6300 Fax: 215-238-1267 www.philadelphiabar.org
Philadelphia Students To Tour City’s Courtrooms With Volunteer Lawyers, Hear Speech From Judge Marjorie Rendell
In honor of national Law Day on May 1, volunteer attorneys from the Philadelphia Bar Association will accompany 100 Philadelphia students from 19 different schools into the city’s courtrooms to witness live court proceedings. The event, called “Lawyer for a Day,” is the culmination of the Bar Association’s Law Week 2009 celebration.
Judge Marjorie Rendell, first lady of Pennsylvania, will address the students and answer questions at the event’s concluding luncheon. Bar Association Chancellor Sayde Ladov will also speak to students.
Friday, May 1, 2009
- Courtroom tours begin at 9 a.m. and go until 11:30 a.m.
- To follow a tour, meet at the Pennsylvania Bar Institute, 100 Penn Square East, 10th Floor, Suite 1010, Philadelphia. Students will meet back at this location at noon.
- Tours will take place at courtrooms at City Hall and the Criminal Justice Center, 1301 Filbert Street
- Luncheon program begins at noon at the Pennsylvania Bar Institute
- 12:10: Welcome by Carolyn Chopko, “Lawyer for a Day” planner from the Philadelphia Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Division Executive Committee
- 12:45: Remarks by Chancellor Sayde Ladov
- 1-1:30: Remarks and Q&A by Judge Rendell