1101 Market Street, 11th Floor Philadelphia, PA 19107
Phone: 215-238-6300 Fax: 215-238-1267 www.philadelphiabar.org
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Michael Petitti
Area residents can receive basic information about areas of the law impacting daily life at People's Law School, a six-week legal education program taking place every Tuesday night from September 13 through October 18 and presented by volunteer attorneys from the Young Lawyers Division. For the first time, an early-bird rate of $35 is available to those who register by August 30.
People's Law School features 11 unique courses on a range of legal topics and is held every Tuesday from 6:15-8:30 p.m. in the Jury Assembly Room at the Criminal Justice Center, 1301 Filbert St. Registration includes access to all seminars and the complete course materials book.
After August 30, the cost of the program increases to $40. The immediate availability of a course materials book cannot be guaranteed if registration is received after September 6.
The courses to be held are:
• Social Security & Disability (6:15-7:15 p.m.)
• Trusts and Estates, including wills and living wills (7:30-8:30 p.m.)
• Small Claims & Landlord/Tenant (6:15-7:15 p.m.)
• Consumer Credit, including debt collection, identity theft, and credit reports (7:30-8:30 p.m.)
• Personal Injury (6:15-7:15 p.m.)
• Criminal Law & Procedure (7:30-8:30 p.m.)
• Real Estate, including foreclosures, predatory lending, and transactions (6:15-7:15 p.m.)
• Bankruptcy (7:30-8:30 p.m.)
• Employment Law (6:15-7:15 p.m.)
• Workers' Compensation (7:30-8:30 p.m.)
• Family Law, including divorce, custody, and support (6:15-8:30 p.m.)
Please note that while People's Law School will provide attendees information on different areas of the law, the program is not accredited and no degree or certificate will be given upon its completion.