Investment Companies Committee
The mission of the Committee on Investment Companies is to foster and promote professional excellence in the practice of investment company and investment adviser law in the Philadelphia region by providing a forum:
- to educate members of the Bar Association on the substantive aspects of federal and state investment company and investment adviser regulation;
- to enhance interaction among the legal, financing, investing and regulatory communities;
- to foster collegiality among securities practitioners, including private, in-house and government attorneys, and encourage the involvement of younger attorneys;
- to promote the work and objectives of the Business Law Section of the Bar Association; and
- to study, discuss and comment upon new developments and proposed regulations under federal and state investment company and investment adviser laws.
In so doing, the Committee seeks to enhance the understanding and involvement of all Bar Association members in the practice of investment company and investment adviser law and respect for the investment company and investment advisory regulatory system.
4 East Cherry Street
Winonah, NJ 08090
Aberdeen Asset Management, Inc.
1735 Market Street, 32nd Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Executive Committee Liaison
Michael D. Ecker
Eckert Seamans Cherin & Mellott, LLC
Two Liberty Place
50 South 16th Street, 22nd Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19102